Friday, February 27, 2009

Whew, this has been a busy week. A spaghetti o incident, PTO, laundry,fundraisers, laundry, school plays, laundry, church, and did I mention laundry?! Laundry Really, where does it all come from? Does it breed in the laundry basket? I know it must in the kids' rooms. There is no way they wear all of those clothes in just a few days! Oh well.

I have had a little time to stamp this week, but not much. I participated in a couple of challenges over at Splitcoaststampers (SCS). And I'll share those with you today. OH!! the exciting thing that happened this week is that my starter kit arrived late Wednesday!! I am always excited by new goodies. RollSU has made some changes since I have been gone. One change is that all of their new stamp sets are now die cut. So you don't have to trim them yourself. But they are still unmounted so you can place them on the blocks as you would like. I can't wait until my open house so i can order some yummy Double Sided Papers (DSP)! The catty is full of DSPs that I am drooling over. Good thing the catty pages are glossy, right??

So here's the second challenge card I made. It was for Wednesday's sketch challenge. The challenge master gives you a layout of a card and you go to work!

I used the Loads of Love stamp set. Papers are old olive, pumpkin pie, summer sun (like the color combo challenge) plus black and white. I used these super square clear buttons on two of the squares. And one of my go to ribbons, the black gingham. I water colored the truck, etc with watercolor crayons and aqua pens. That is one of my fave ways to water color. And of course, I paper pierced some, too. I love to PP. It's adds so much for a little effort.

Here's today's challenge. It was a Limited Supplies challenge, which is great for me. We had to make our own "printed papers", use only one stamp set (including for the sentiment), the only embellishments could be ribbon and/or brads, and we could not use die cut machines or punches (except for the sentiment if we wanted.) What a fun challenge!!
Here I used the Heartfelt Thanks stamp set, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Real Red, and Very Vanilla papers. Saffron, Celery and Red inks. Vintage brads and Celery ribbon. I sponged a little celery ink around the edges of the background paper. This stamp set is a 2 step stamping process, and that's how I am able to have the outline accented in a stronger color than the rest of the flower. It really gives the image depth. This one is much prettier in real life. Sorry it doesn't show well in this picture.

So there you have my challenge cards so far for this week. I hope to get some pictures up tomorrow of this Adorable - yes, capital A! - ribbon holder project I completed yesterday. It's overcast here and I am having trouble getting good quality pictures (as you can tell from the pic above, lol).
Have a Stamptacular Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment