Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Morning?

Is it a good morning? Well, not really. My dear husband gave me his cold over the weekend. Yuck!! The little one had a bloody nose in the middle of the night Saturday, so we didn't get much rest. Then last night he had some sort of fit in his sleep, which woke us all up. Then he got in the bed with me and decided to kick and flail his arms the rest of the night. So, not much rest last night either. And! it's Monday morning. I am dragging here. I need more caffeine! One of my (many) obsessions is Dt. Dr. Pepper, but I have been trying to only drink one a day. It's tough! Plus, I am trying to cut out chocolate. I know! The horrors! SO today may just have to be a cheat day, KWIM??

Let's move on to the fun stuff! I did get to stamp a little over the weekend. Not nearly as much as I wanted, but that's OK. I have several things to share today. First up is a WAY Cute ribbon storage box. I found the coolest tutorial on it by The Squareheaded Stamper. She is unbelievably talented and I spend way too much time on her blog. Unfortunately I don't have any of the new DSPs in the SU catty - which I am Luuuving, BTW. So I had to use some retired papers, which I hoard! Here's the front, closed:


And here's the top open, so you can see the ribbon holders:

The little ribbon holders are made with the rounded tab punch by SU! Love it!! But winding all that ribbon up took forever. I think there are 16 of them. It took longer to wind the ribbons than it did to make the adorable holder! Here's another shot:

And one last one (did I mention that I LOVE this little box??)
Sorry the pictures are not clearer. It was rainy here when I took them and I don't have a nice photo set up like some folks (green with envy!). But hopefully you can enjoy it all the same. I would love to know what you think.

If I keep adding pictures, this post is going to be way too long, so I think I'll wait on uploading the other projects until tomorrow. Besides, I need to go work on my Mojo Monday challenge!!! Right after I drink some more DDP!! Waaaaaahhh, I can't get my little smileys to work and the IT guy, my 10 year old, doesn't come home until 3!! oh well, I'll go old school :) Have a Stamptacular Day!

2 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on the box, Tonya!!! I hear you about winding up the ribbon...sent one to a friend and there was 24 meters of ribbon to wind up! Ugh.

    Thanks so much for the shout out!

    hugs,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your box! I agree with Brandi, you did a great job. Winding ribbon is no fun, but your box is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete