Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Time!

Since the open house is over, I can finally show you the projects I planned. You can pick yourself up off the floor, yes I am actually going to post pictures of stamped items today! I hope you stuck with me this last week since I didn't post much. And I hope you enjoy the projects! Let me know what you think.

Here's the first one. It's a fun birthday card that works well for men or women. Sometimes it's hard to find good masculine birthday cards. You know, ones that don't have fish or deer or Dale Jr on them. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, cause ya know, round these parts those come close to the trinity. Sooooo, anyway, when I was planning this one, I thought these colors would work for either a man or a woman. And even Junior would like it, I bet.



I got the layout from a card I saw on SCS, but to my eternal shame, I cannot find the original post. I try my very best to give credit, as I hope any who CASE would do. So, original designer, if you see this card, please let me know it's yours. And I will keep looking so that I may add the name if I can find it. It's hard to see in this picture, but the top of the candle has glitter on it. It's super cute. Also hard to see, the cupcake top (the icing) is up on pop dots. I used the coco ink on coco paper and then cut out the icing. But then I turned it over so the inked side is not showing and I used the coco marker to add little sprinkles. I also think glitter on the sprinkles would be cute, but since I was going for a more masculine card, I reigned myself in and kept the glitter to a small area.
Stamps: Big, Bold Birthday Inks: Certainly Celery, Close to Coco, Baja Breeze, So Saffron Marker Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Close to Coco Other:Tool kit, Pop dots, Large and Small Oval Punches, Word Window Punch, Sponge, Two Way Glue Stick and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

Next is a Happy little card that could come in handy for all sorts of occasions just by changing the sentiment. The stamp set from SU is called Happy Everything and has several different sayings to go along with the Happy! Well, idn't that just happy, she says in her best southern drawl.

Here's a picture with the Top Note Die Negative.





I don't have a big shot yet, but I am ordering it this week!!!! Smiley from millan.net I am really excited! There are so many projects that I am just itching to try. Since I don't own one yet, I asked someone to cut me out a few and when she mailed them to me, she included, as a neat surprise, the negatives and a picture of a card using this sponging technique. I changed a few things about it to make it my own, and I am very happy with the outcome. I taped the negative over my white cardstock and used a sponge with So Saffron Ink and sponged the heck out of it. When I pull away the negative, which acts as a mask, I am left with the crisp white border. I know! Neat, right??!! BUT, before I took the mask/negative off, I went ahead and stamped my background images. This way, the images look like they are behind the white border. ummmhmmmm, I see you nodding in agreement. Here, I used a SaleABration set called Polka Dot Punches. It is called that because the stamps coordinate perfectly with our punches.... yes, they know what they are doing out there in Stampin' Up! land. It's cool I tell you. I used Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, the tool kit, sponge; Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral and So Saffron Inks and Papers, and Chocolate Chip (yummy)Ink.

And last, but certainly not least (actually it's one of my faves) is an adorable little box for chocolates. Everything's better with chocolate right? And this box perfectly holds 3 Ghirardelli Chocolate squares. Now, if you don't eat the whole bag (umm, I'm not speaking from experience here, nooooo) then you can make several of these boxes and fill them using one bag of the squares. Six to Seven boxes, actually. Plus, they are really fast after you make the first one. They would make great gifts for teachers for Easter or just for a little thank you or even a RAK (random act of kindness). And who wouldn't love a gift of chocolate. If they don't love your gift of chocolate, maybe you should consider crossing them off of your gift list...and then eat the chocolate yourself! There is a tutorial HERE on SCS by the fabulous Beate where you can learn how to make the box, then you can change the colors and theme to fit your needs.


and here it is open...don't drool on my chocolate, mmmm k?



I used A Good Egg stamp set on mine. Inks: So Saffron, StazOn Black, Pumpkin Pie and Regal Rose Paper: So Saffron, Regal Rose, Whisper White and the patterned paper is from the SAB pack. Other: Word Window and Corner Rounder Punches, Aqua Painter, Brad, Pop Dots, Tool Kit and the little flower is from a retired punch, but there is a really cute current one that would work as well.

Whew! What a long post. But after the week plus of non posting I have had, it's nice to get some stuff out there. I hope you enjoyed it, and comments are always welcome. Have a Stamptacular Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment