Thursday, March 26, 2009

A quick gift idea

Morning! I see that Blogger is going to be down for a while today, so I am popping in with a quick post. I just wanted to share with you a little gift I put together for my hostess tonight. (Ginger, if you are reading this, look away...I mean it... shoo! Besides, you'll get to see it in person tonight!) If I do say so my self, this turned out really cute!! I found the basic idea over on SCS (yes, I spend a lot of time there!) and just changed some things to fit my needs. I ADORE the A Good Egg stamp set and find myself wanting to use it all the time! I just love chicks (man - for you Soup fans). They are so cute. Especially this one.

This is super fast to put together and you know teachers would love this. In fact, I think this is what I will be giving to the kid's teachers this year. (oh - goodness... if you happen to teach my kids...look away! Follow Ginger and shoo! Don't ruin the surprise already!!) Now, for those of you who are still with me, here it is:



Stamps: A Good Egg, Oval All Paper:DSP Delicate Dots(SAB), So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand Inks: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Brocade Blue, Pumpkin Pie Marker Other: Large Oval and Scallop Oval punches, Medium Cello Bag, Organdy ribbon, Pop dots

Basic instructions for the box can be found HERE.

I added the DSP to the front and back panels of the little box/pouch thingy. I stamped the For You stamp (from Oval All Set) twice, once on Sahara Sand with Sahara Sand ink and once on Bashful Blue with Brocade Blue ink. I punched out the SSand with the Scallop Oval and the Blue with the Large Oval. The chick is stamped twice also, once on DSP and once on So Saffron cardstock. I popped the egg up from the chick and the whole chick up from the pouch. The ovals are also popped up from the pouch. I filled the cello bag with mini robins eggs whoppers candy. Yummy! I had to try one... or two... ok, ok a handful. I had forgotten that I like whoppers. But I had plenty, so not to worry, Ginger won't be getting just crumbs. So there you have it.

I'd love to hear what you think! Have a Samptacular Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment