Monday, April 20, 2009

Just a Quicky!

Super quick post today. But hopefully I'll be back later to add some more. We are super crazy around here!! I haven't been able to participate in Mojo Monday for about 3 weeks now and boy have I missed it. Today I took the time to put a little something together. Now... please ignore the smudges on the circle of white. Long story, and I'll explain later, but I just didn't have time to change it out and take new pics before I am off to carpool, soccer, scouts, etc, etc...


Anyway, here's my entry for Today's Mojo Monday Sketch!


All SU! And I'll add details later, but I used Trendy Trees Stamp set and Washington Apple DSP. Hope you like it!! (told you I was going to be quick!!and if you read it like I feel like I posted it, you'd now be doing this --> Smiley from millan.net) Have a Stamptacular Day!!

OK, life has slowed down long enough for me to finally add some deets for you. Of course, life will speed back up soon because carpool starts up in about half an hour. Wait, can one call it carpool if one is only toting around one's own children? And does one ever feel strange having to refer to one's self as one? Yes, one can and yes, one does. At least if you ask me. But I digress...
Ingredients: All SU: Paper:Bashful Blue, Robin Hood Red, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and Washington Apple DSP; Ink:Robin Hood Red, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa; Other:Scallop Circle punch, Scallop Edge punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, Clear Rhinestone Circle Brad, flower from Pretties Kit, Pumpkin Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, popdots, White Gel Pen.
A couple of notes: All of the flowers in the pretties kit come in white, but can easily be colored using one of several methods. For this flower, I wanted a fairly intense color so I put the flower onto my Robin Hood Red ink pad and used a sponge to press it into the ink until it was covered. I did both sides. It takes a LONG time to dry on it's own. So I used my heat tool and tried to help the drying along. Obviously I didn't get it all the way dry, and that's why there are smudges all over the little circle behind it. And I will tear that all apart and make a new one. I just was running so late yesterday and I really wanted to go ahead and post, so I left it smudges and all. The middle tree was stamped twice, once on the main image and once on scrap paper. I cut out the scrap one and popped it up. The circle/flower detail is also popped up.

Well, that's it. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. HO wow .. I love it... it's dynamite.. full energie...

    Beautiful... good job..

    tourlou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, fun colors for this week's Mojo!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card, the colours are so bright and cheerful. Love the popped up tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tree set, as well as the colors from that dp. You did a great job on this sketch.Visiting via mojo monday blog.

    ReplyDelete