Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's Gifts for Girls!

My daughter has been invited to a couple of birthday parties lately. There's a store in town that has a back room that they rent out for girl parties. The walls are all painted with murals of flowers and castles and princesses, oh my! They have a little stage where the girls can have a fashion show or sing karaoke. And then there are the dress up clothes. All kinds of fun clothes for the girls to put on. Plus they get to have their hair and makeup done. There is a lot of glitter involved. I personally am not a girly girl, but my daughter sure is. She has loved these parties!

Anyway, for two weeks in a row, I needed a gift for a young girl that I don't know. So what do I turn to... Paper Crafting of course! I made a set of gifts for each girl and a box to match. I really have had a lot of fun doing these. The second set (I just made these last night) are some of my favorite cards I've made. Yes, I am patting myself on the back! lol! I can't help it. I love these cards. Now, the only thing about these gifts is that I am using retired Double Sided Papers and Simply Scrappin' Kits. You see, I am a hoarder. I hoard. Especially patterned papers. They speak to me and I must have them. But then I don't want to use them up, so I save them. A lot of them! Lately I have been running out of space and so I decided this would be a great chance to use up some of my old papers.

So do you want to see what I made?? Well, OK, I *guess* I'll show you. *wink, wink*
(I kept the pictures a bit small since I have so many to post today.)

Here's the first set. It was for a girl named Heather.
First I made a little picture frame:
Then I made a matching notepad:

And finally I made a set of notecards with envelopes:

But of course all these cute gifts needed an equally cute box to hold them:

The belly band holds the box closed.



And here's the second set. This one is for a girl named Addy. I made a notebook, a set of cards with envelopes and a box to hold it all.







Well now I have to get ready to take my daughter to the party. And I am having issues with the layout of this post (as if you couldn't tell that already! lol). Those of you who know me, know that I am really technologically challenged. Paper crafts I can do, but this whole blogging this is a challenge for me. So I will come back later today and give more details on these projects. For now...as always, I would love to hear what you think and Have a Stamptacular Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment