Monday, July 6, 2009

Don't miss the Deal of the Week!

Just wanted to remind you of the Deal of the Week promotion from Stampin' Up! You can view each week's deal over there ======> at the top of the right hand column. Click on the link to visit my website where you can read more information on the promotion, as well as see the other promotions for this month. You can also purchase the DOTW (Deal of the Week) while you are there. Simply click the shop now button at the top right of my website. The doctor's bag is so adorable! If you have the Big Shot, this bag is a great accessory. If you go to crops or scrapbooking events, or even just go to a friend's house to stamp or scrap, this bag is perfect for you. It holds the Big Shot and several dies in style! Just pack and go!


After I worked on the Christmas Tag Box the other day, I got to thinking about Christmas. It is my favorite holiday of the year. I start decorating my house really early. Maybe not July early, but pretty early. (Much to the chagrin of my DH and kiddos.) Hey, if it were up to me, I'd probably leave the decorations up all year! One time I even thought about working in a Christmas Shoppe just so I could be surrounded by all the fun goodies all the time!! Anyway, since I can't start getting out the decorations yet, I decided to break out my other Christmas stamp sets instead. I had one set(OK, OK, more than one. I horde them. There I said it.) that hadn't seen any ink yet. It's called "Big on Christmas" and has 3 stamps. So, I showed the set some love and inked it up! I made three fairly simple cards, one with each of the images. My thought was that maybe these cards could be used at a workshop. Even newer stampers could complete all three cards in one evening. I used the same color scheme for all three. This also helps keep things simple for beginning stampers, but is also a nice cohesive look for all stampers. I used Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Ballet Blue and Whisper White. I used 5/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon for all of them. For the background, I used the coordinating Christmas Chatter Wheel. I didn't have ink cartridges for all of the colors I wanted, so I simply rolled the wheel onto the ink pad and inked up the wheel that way. That works just fine when you have a short ways to go. I inked, rolled, inked and rolled for each background ~ there are two lines of the wheel on each one.

For the snowman, I stamped the image a second time, cut out just the snowman and colored him in using an aqua painter. He has a Going Grey hat, Ballet Blue hat band, Pumpkin Pie nose, and Artichoke and Red holly. I used a pop dot to pop the image up. I used a 2 way glue pen to add glitter to the letters. Clear Rhinestone brads were added for a little more sparkle.

For this one, I stamped the image again on artichoke and on summer sun in those ink colors. I cut out the star and the tree and put each on a pop dot. For the star, I just cut a snip off the edge of the sheet of pop dots so it would be small enough and not show. This was the first time I have used my photo corner punch also. I love those things and it is so easy to make them when you have a punch! In case you haven't seen it, it has two sizes on one punch. Space Saving!! LOL I used the tool kit to add the paper piercing. The corners are also up on pop dots.


This one was the most time consuming, however it is still fairly easy. And it gives you great results, don't you think? I found the directions for the Ribbon Frame at Waltzingmouse's Blog. I do not own the slot punch that she used, so I simply used my exacto knife to make the slits. She has some beautiful examples of these ribbin frames on her site. I stamped the image twice here also, and colored it in with aqua painters. I used Going Grey, Artichoke and Real Red. I had to use the reinker instead of just the lid of the inkpad to get a decent red though. When I used just the ink in the lid of the pad, the color was very pink. I feel like this card needs a little something else. I am still pondering it. But I wanted to go ahead and share all three cards with you.

Thanks for stopping by and as always, I'd love to hear your comments and Have a Stamptacular Day!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the last card. The coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful and creative Christmas cards. Your blog is wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete