Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's a rainy day in Georgia...

We are still getting rain from the tropical storms in the gulf and it's been raining all night and all day. So I am just pretending that I live in Forks (shout out to my fellow twihards! :) ) and making the best of it.

Now I promised that I would be back soon with pictures... and I hate to break a promise. So I am going to show you one picture. Why just one? That doesn't seem right after all this time that I am sure you have been waiting with baited breath for me to return, now does it? Well, you are right. However, once you take a peek at the one picture, I'll think you'll understand. You see, my camera is revolting on me. I took around 15 shots today and this is the best one. Ugh! I can't get the camera to do what I want it to do. Of course it's the camera's fault and not the lack of skills on my part. Right?? I thought so. Anyway, as soon as the rain clears out I should have better lighting and that will help a lot! For now, dear readers, please try to over look the shotty camera work and see the cuteness that is below....



I LOVE snowmen. LOVE them. I started decorating for Christmas a couple of weeks ago. (Again, yes, I know what some of you think about that. But that's OK. I'm gonna keep on doing that way. ;) ) I am planning on having a few friends over for dinner in December and got to thinking about place cards. So I came up with this cute little guy. I used the Simple Seasonal Thanks stamp from the holiday mini catalog. I made a mask out of a sticky note to cover up the writing in the center of the snowman and stamped him in Stazon Black ink onto Whisper White paper. I used a Pumpkin Pie Marker to color in his nose and Aqua pens and reinker in Real Red and Green Galore to color the hat and scarf. Then I cut him out. I added 3 brads from the Vintage Brads collection. I had to use the Paper Piercing tool and mat in the Tool Kit to poke the holes for the brads, because a regular hand held punch won't reach in that far. But it's very easy. I used a Two Way Glue Pen to add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter here and there. The sign, where I wrote the name of the guest in White Gel Pen, was punched out of Chocolate Chip using the Modern Label Punch. I used the Word Window Punch and Close to Cocoa to punch out the "stick" for the sign and added a little texture with by dragging my paper piercer down the front to scratch up the surface. I also sponged around the edges with Chocolate Chip ink. Attached the sign to the front of the snowman. My littlest bit and I went out into the yard in search of tiny sticks for the arms, which were taped to the back. I cut a strip of Chocolate Chip paper 1 3/4" x 8 1/4". I scored at 3 1/4", 5 1/4", and 8". Folded on those score lines to form an easel and used double sided tape to attach to the back. This covers up were the arms are taped on. And there you have it, an adorable little snowman place card.


OK, so I won't promise to post more pictures soon, but I do promise to try my best to get back into the groove of things and try to get back on track as soon as possible. One of the (many) things on my Christmas wish list is photo editing software, followed closely by a new camera. Of course I have tons of Stampin' Up! stuff on my list!! Maybe if I am very good this year I'll get all 3. LOL

I hope y'all have a Stamptacular Day! And as always, I'd love to hear what you think of today's project.

2 comments: