Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Snowing in the South!

If that were actually the case, I'd be out at the Kroger (our grocery store) buying bread and water and canned foods just like all the other southerners. Of course, it would take 5 hours to get there because no one knows how to drive in the snow down here. And all the kids would be sitting with fingers crossed, listening to the radio to see if school was going to be canceled. OK, OK... you see *I* can say these things because I was born and raised in the south. We do see precious little of the "white stuff" and when it's predicted, all kinds of craziness ensues. There are actually a lot of people who can drive in the snow and not everyone runs to the grocery store at the first mention of the word snow, but everybody does joke about it. Personally I LOVE snow. (and snowmen, did I mention I love snowmen?) I always hope for snow near Christmas. Even still after *cough-cough-number of* years and even though it's usually 80+ degrees on Christmas, I hold out hope that we'll have snow.

Maybe snow is extra special to me because it brought me my husband. Well, sort of. I met my now husband a little before Christmas. After we met, but before our first date, we talked on the phone for a long, long time over the course of a few days. By the time we had our first date, I was already head over heels for him. Before we went out, I told my mother that if it snowed that night, this would be the man I married. Out we went - to the 99 cent theater to see Jurassic Park. (Quick aside, not a recommended first date for any guys reading, but I guess it worked out for us.) As we came out of the theater that night, huge, soft, gorgeous snowflakes started to fall. sigh. I didn't tell him until much later, but I knew then he would one day be my husband. So you see, snow is magical!

But you probably didn't come here to hear about my sappy stories, so I'll move right along onto cards! The two I am sharing to day were done at the two workshops that I had last. Both cards use the snowflake punch. You need this punch! It is so cute.



Inks: Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery. Paper: Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White. Stamp Sets: Four the Holidays, Serene Snowflakes. Other: Snowflake Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Sponges, the Negative of a Top Note Die Cut, Certainly Celery Marker




Inks: Versamark. Paper: Sahara Sand, Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Holiday Lounge DSP. Other: Word Window Punch, Snowflake Punch, 1/2" circle Punch, Winter White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Brad, Tool Kit - paper piercing tool and mat, popdots

This is a spinner card. What could be more fun than spinning snowflakes?? If you don't know how to make a spinner card, they are really easy and fun to make. Leave me a comment if you would like directions. I like the retro colors of this pack of double sided papers, too. I don't use a lot of teal normally. But it really comes to life with the white and Sahara Sand papers. You can see where on this card I made a boo boo. When I was stamping the words, I nudged the stamp a bit and it left a shadow of the word. Oh well, it adds a little character right? I'll just keep this one for my self and make a new one to send to a friend.

And that's it for today. I hope y'all have a Stamptacular Day! As always, I would love to hear your comments or questions. In the mean time, I'll be Dreaming of a White Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I too love snow and snowmen! I love both cards, but I am so going to case the snowflake spinner card. I have been wanting to do a spinner card for-ev-er and this may actually be the kick in the butt for me to get it done! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete