Friday, December 18, 2009

Teacher Gifts

This has been a crazy, but fun filled week. Today is the last day of school before Christmas break and that means all sorts of activities: parties for all (from Scouts to Church to school), Singing programs, Band Concerts, and so forth. Plus I am getting the kids and myself ready for a 12 day trip home for Christmas. My husband has to work, so I will take the kids and go visit family. (He does get to join us for Christmas at least, so that's nice.) I am overwhelmed by the amount of "stuff" that I need to pack for this trip. Three kids + one mother + Christmas presents + "stuff" = one weighed down mini van.

This past week, I worked on teacher gifts. I like to give them something homemade if possible and I really like making sweets or goodies to eat for them. So I have been cooking up a storm. I made Chocolate Drenched Chipotle Nuts, Spiced Sugared Nuts, Caramel Corn Crunch, Oreo Fudge, Hot Chocolate Mix, and Cinnamon and Sugar Biscotti. And I made lots of it! I wanted to share with you the quick packaging I did for some of the items and the cards I made for a few of the teachers.

Keep in mind that I took these pictures at 6:45 am and it was still very dark outside. But I wanted pictures to show and I had to deliver everything today. You do what you have to do, you know?

Here's the Hot Chocolate Mix and Biscotti.

This is the Cookies and Creme Fudge. I used glossy white cardstock for the snowflake. And you can't see, but I used the large scalloped square die and the big shot to cut squares out of real red cardstock and wax paper. I layered those on the bottom to hold the fudge up a little.

Here are the little cards for the teachers. I used some retired notecards in chocolate chip, added bella blue double sided paper and some of the new gorgeous vanilla satin ribbon. (that will be released in the mini catalog on Jan 5) I closed the cello bag with the top note die, a little scallop circle and a jumbo brad.


just another shot.
Okay -now I must dash away, dash away, dash away all. More carpool and packing to do. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Please be safe over the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment